There are many reasons to consider wireless when selecting a home security systems cameras for your home.
- Wireless home security systems are not reliant on cabling back to a base station but via a wireless signal.
- The first thing to note is that even wireless security camera systems need to be wired. They don’t require a data cable but they do require a power source. This can be overcome by purchasing a battery adapter or a unit that uses batteries for each camera. Long lasting rechargeable lithium ion batteries are recommended.
- Wireless are more adaptable as they can be placed anywhere and can be more easily concealed. They are a genuine option for people who rent their property.
- Wireless security camera systems are less susceptible to being disabled by a burglar and can be more easily hidden.
- Signal quality and security is continually improving.
- Wireless can have online security issues with hacking so make sure you create strong passwords to your security cameras and update your system regularly.